Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Intro

My Intro:

The reason for this Blog: I can't find any damn Mage blogs that update on a regular basis. So I'm going to try my hand at my own. This will be primarily a Mage blog. Although there might be a few huntering things tossed here and there. Having said that...

This little beauty hasn't always been my main.


In fact, This PvE soloing machine was once my main. I felt un-stoppable with that toon, and still call on his assistance from time to time.

Yes, that’s right; my main was once a hunter. At the time, I wasn’t grouping much, was soloing my way through each zone, one after another. If I came across something I couldn’t best at my current level, I would toss it on a shelf, and come back to it.

I always got my mark.

Then there was a hiatus. About 8 months went by and my 38 hunter sat unused and missed on the server I had created him.

Then something happened.

I met someone, and they used to play, and wanted to start playing again. Then two of our friends wanted to play as well.

The four of us started new accounts (or re-activated our old ones). It would be that same core group of real life friends for the next 60 levels.

I of course picked my hunter up from where I had left off. Helping them and guiding them as they learned this new game.

One friend started a Warrior, having expressed the intent of wanting to beat the shit out of stuff while taking heavy hits. He quickly excelled at the whole tanking thing. Speccing Prot right off the bat, and was known as Azunai.

The other friend that leveled with me and the warrior started a hunter as well. This worked well for questing, not so well for instancing.

We were pugging a lot. And as I'm sure you know, that's not always the greatest experience.

Then we ended up hitting 45’ish about the same time. And we met a very enthusiastic shadow priest. This worked well. We had another DPS to grind with, a warrior and two pets to hold agg, and the priest could shift out and heal when needed, it was a dream combo for just about anything.

Then he invited us to his guild. Not our first leveling guild, but definitely one of the better ones I’ve ever been in. We started playing with these people on a regular basis. Ended up finishing out our last 15 levels with this small rag-tag group. The warrior, the two hunters, the shadow priest, and usually a rogue or lock from the guild.

Let me back track a little, as this friend will come up often in my ramblings. I mentioned four of us, and only explained three. My fourth friend started a warrior as well. Specced fury, hit 29, and we twinked him out. That was his goal. And that is where he stayed. For quite a long time, and that is where Spax enters and exits for the time being, although you will hear more about him, in another, much longer, story.

By the time we hit 60, we were all very well geared, and PvE oriented. All of us having a barrel of…well something fun. (I don’t like monkeys that much) We dove into the end game content, explored PvP. A few of us becoming fairly familiar with MC, SG, and AQ.

Then the Burning Crusade. We all raced to 70. Enjoying the new content, and the new gear. The Prot warrior went arms. Then my wife started playing on a regular basis. Spax was abandoned, and a Blood Elf Healadin was born (more of which you will hear about, maybe from the Healadin himself.)

And I was pugging a lot. I found out very fast that outside a core group of friends, hunters are not well liked. Even though I played him well. Could chain trap, off tank, and stay just bellow pulling agg. I would have (and still would) get the BRK growl of approval, I’m sure of it.

But my lack of invites was becoming quite irritating, and I was loosing interest.

Then one day while questing in SMV I got one or two shotted by the same PoM/Pyro Mage 6 times.

Wait, wasn’t I a DPS class? What is this Mage think he’s doing taking away almost 11,000 health in just a few seconds? This just isn’t right!!

I rolled a Mage.

I was in love.

I leveled one to 50 as fire. All out big crits. Then at 50, when most try POM/Pyro for the first time, I tried frost. It was then new hit thing. And AOE grinding looked like way too much fun.

I am a 70 Blood Elf Frost Mage. And I'm here to share my experiences, (good and bad, fun and horribly boring) with you, the reader.

So this Blog, this little space on the Internet, will be my place. My place to vent, to share, to teach, and to learn.

I do believe in the English language as a whole, and I won’t hold any punches when it comes to most words. Having said that, if you are easily offended by what most people call foul language, you should look else where for fantastic, exhilarating Magely endeavors.

I will try my best to stay as up to date and entertaining as possible.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Sun

No comments: