Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Outcome...

So.

I did my testing yesterday. FFB versus Frost.

Here's the talent trees.

FFB
and
Frost

The results?

On a Boss Training Dummy, self buffed, with the appropriate Glyphs for each spec. I did six runs in each spec. All twelve run were the length of one mana pool, no pots or gems. Three for FFB, no CD's and three with FFB with all CD's. Same for Frost.

FFB, single target, with no CD's pulled 2.23k DPS Vs Frosts 1.6K. Pretty big difference.

However....

Frost, single target, with all CD's pulled 2.6K DPS Vs FFB's 2.1K DPS. Very small difference.

What does this all mean? It most likely mean that for single target, in a situation where you can keep up the most ideal rotation, and your summoned pets wont take truck loads of damage, Frost might still be the better spec. Keep in mind that I am not yet geared for FFB, still low on crit, which I'm not willing to give up hit for yet. The mana pool lasted nearly a minute and a half longer while Frost also. The Ele's regen kept me going much better then MoE did.

So I think I might try the next raid as Frost. If nothing else, I'll be bringing another source of replenishment for bosses, and that's always welcome. :)

No comments: